2011년 12월 10일 토요일

What KMLA Means To Me


I used to blush and try to avoid answering the question “What’s your dream?”. The first reason was because I didn’t have any outline of my future, and the next reason was because everybody seemed to have one. Whenever I imagined my future, I felt like my dreams disappeared into a misty fog and I would end up nowhere. Korea Minjok Leadership Academy is a light house which guides me through the thick fog; which tells me that I am going in a right direction in a right method.
I was a 4th grader when I first heard about KMLA. At that time, KMLA was nothing more than a school to admire, a school far apart from my life. It wasn’t until 9th grade when I reconsidered the school as a stepping stone for my dream.
My parents strongly disagreed when I explained to them my goals. They wanted me to be a doctor, since the two of them are both doctors, and insisted that I go to a normal high school near home, enter a Korean Medical College and become a doctor in Korea. I was frustrated for I had never seen my parents so stubborn on their point of view. However, I couldn’t give up, innumerable nights I spent lying in my bed, unable to go to sleep with the mere feeling that I was stepping closer and closer towards my dreams.
I had to prepare for all the exams that were necessary and finish the application essays all by myself. At that time, I was very desperate and even hopeless since I was never sure if I was going on a right passage or not.
Countless days had passed, which I spent in total oblivion, when the school informed me of my acceptance. I was so happy and relieved that I wasn’t able to say a word when I first saw the letter. If it were not for KMLA, I would be living a totally different life, floundering in the valley of failure and misery.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기